1. Why is it always so (seemingly) difficult for me to start reading the Bible? It feels like there are literally thousands of other things that I can distract myself with before reading God's Word. Things that can even be good things, but would nonetheless distract me from the task of reading God's word. I mean, I want to blame others - even the Devil and his minions, find excuses to justify myself, or just pretend I had other better things to do, but I can't help but think how much it's just me and my rebellious nature against God's will. Like, seriously, I have never regretted reading the Bible, so why is it still a struggle at times to choose to read it? Urghhh.
2. God's word is authentic and refreshing. Jesus' words are so clear and to-the-point and unabashedly non-PC. It's really quite refreshing. I've been reading the Gospels lately (just finished Mark & Matthew) and it feels really good to just read Jesus' words. I get the feeling that they're so....true and, unfiltered. I always feel renewed afterward.
Born in China and raised in Canada, Lily has recently completed her undergraduate degree in International Development at the University of Ottawa. Theologically, she has had experiences primarily in Chinese evangelical churches (though also influenced by Pentecostal churches). Currently, she is interested in careers in which advocacy, social justice and faith meet. Her life goal is to have a daily curiosity about the world around us and an unbroken compassion for others.