God's Word - Two Observations

/
0 Comments

1. Why is it always so (seemingly) difficult for me to start reading the Bible? It feels like there are literally thousands of other things that I can distract myself with before reading God's Word. Things that can even be good things, but would nonetheless distract me from the task of reading God's word. I mean, I want to blame others - even the Devil and his minions, find excuses to justify myself, or just pretend I had other better things to do, but I can't help but think how much it's just me and my rebellious nature against God's will. Like, seriously, I have never regretted reading the Bible, so why is it still a struggle at times to choose to read it? Urghhh.

2. God's word is authentic and refreshing. Jesus' words are so clear and to-the-point and unabashedly non-PC. It's really quite refreshing. I've been reading the Gospels lately (just finished Mark & Matthew) and it feels really good to just read Jesus' words. I get the feeling that they're so....true and, unfiltered. I always feel renewed afterward. 


You may also like

No comments:

.