Thoughts While Gardening

/
0 Comments


After moving houses, my family has discovered the pleasure (and pain) of having our own front and backyard. Man, gardening is tough. 



The whole time I was pulling weeds and planting buds I couldn't help but think of all the Bible references in which it mentioned gardens, gardening, plants, weeds, and anything to do with horticulture in general. 

John 15 was the first to come to mind, the passage in which Jesus said that he was the true vine, his Father was the gardener, and we were the branches. As I sat on the grass pulling out weeds, I realized that we really did have the easier job. Our only job was to grow and make sure to stick to the actual vine. It's the gardener that has the tough job of pruning and pulling out the weeds. It's hard work. The plants literally just have to grow. 

Also, weeds. They are destructive and will grow very fast if you don't take care to maintain. They will spread and ruin the overall landscape. I had the unfortunate discovery that our backyard was full of weeds, and spent the next couple weekends out there pulling them all out. After a while, it felt like every time I closed my eyes, all I could see were weeds haha. 

Anyhow, as seemingly mundane as yard work is, it is quite satisfying when you see the fruit of your labours (haha). It's also quite therapeutic due to its repetitive motions. 


(Originally written April 11th 2016)




You may also like

No comments:

.